Please abide by the following rules while in Palmetto Dunes:
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Burning of any kind is prohibited.
- Parking on the roadway is not permitted. Parking on lawns is not permitted.
- Towels and/or swimwear are not to be hung on porch railings.
- Trash bins and trash bags are NOT to be brought roadside. They should remain in the service yard where they will be picked up by waste contractors.
- Loud music or excessive noise is not tolerated at any time.
- Motorcycles are not permitted inside the resort. Buses, RV’s, and motorhomes are also not permitted.
For your safety:
- Automobiles always have the right-of-way. Bicyclists and pedestrians shall both use leisure paths where available. If paths are not available – bicycles are ridden with the traffic; pedestrians face the flow of traffic.
- If you walk or bike to or from Shelter Cove-please use the leisure trail under the 278 bridge to cross the highway.
- Do not swim in the lagoon or lakes; alligators may be present.
Protect the wildlife and vegetation by:
- Crossing the dunes only at designated beach access points.
- Leaving all live creatures (sand dollars, starfish, etc.) on the beach.
- Not feeding any animals-if fed they become dependent, aggressive and most must be killed.
- Not using lights on or adjacent to the beach during the evening from May – October so Loggerhead mothers can nest and hatchlings can find their way to the ocean; please do not carry or otherwise help them to the ocean.
For the enjoyment of others:
- Use only audio devices with headphones outside or in the common areas.
- Ensure that all individuals do not exceed reasonable noise levels.
- Pick up after your pets on the beach and common areas.