Storm Debris Pickup
The Palmetto Dunes POA is planning to provide hurricane-related vegetative debris pickup service. Our standard weekly debris pickup service may be temporarily on hold until further notice so we can address the potential storm debris within the community. Debris pickup dates will be announced within the coming days.
In order for us to remove your storm debris, it must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Only disaster-related residential debris will be picked up. Commercial properties shall be responsible for their debris.
- Because clean-up vehicles will not leave the roadway, all debris must be placed in the right-of-way for removal. It cannot be placed on the asphalt road surface; it cannot block the roadway or pathway.
- Only woody, vegetative debris is permitted for pickup in Palmetto Dunes. (No household trash, no construction materials, etc.) The PDPOA will not pick up non-vegetative debris.
- Debris should not be placed over utility boxes, water meters, fire hydrants, storm drains, or mailboxes. Doing so could delay or prevent calls for service.
- Large trunks and limbs must be cut into manageable sizes (under 5′). Standing stumps must be cut down and ground.
- Debris must be left in natural, loose piles on the ground – NOT in bins or bags of any type.
- Villa and condominium owners should contact your regime management companies regarding storm debris pickup. The PDPOA will also be contacting them on your behalf.
- For single-family homeowners, debris piles must remain on your property. You may not place debris on neighboring properties – even vacant lots. Unauthorized dumping could result in a citation and fines. If you see any illegal dumping occurring, contact Security immediately at 843-785-1120.
If your debris does not meet the above regulations, the PDPOA will leave the debris, and you, as the homeowner, will be responsible for contracting the removal independently.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work toward restoring our community.
Illegal Dumping is Still Illegal
We understand that the amount of debris left after a storm can be frustrating, and we know our homeowners wish to maintain attractive properties. Even after a storm, property owners are not permitted to place debris on other owners’ property (including vacant lots), common areas, or the lagoon.
Please be aware that unauthorized dumping may result in a citation and possible fines. We encourage you to be neighborly and respectful of one another’s property.
Please contact Monica, our ARB Manager, for expedited tree removal permits by calling 843-785-1109 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.