Community Survey Results

On behalf of the Strategic Planning Team and the Board, I am pleased to share the results of the Property Owners Survey. First, I want to convey our sincere thanks to everyone who participated in the survey. We had a great response rate (38% of those reached via email)! Your input has been vital to the strategic planning process and will contribute to a relevant plan and objectives for our community in the coming years.

As you may be aware, the Association has been developing a new five-year strategic plan since Spring 2022. The survey was conducted from late July through mid-August as an integral part of this effort. The Team hopes to share its recommendations with the Board soon. The Board will then consider those recommendations prior to finalizing the plan.

We partnered with the Center for Business Analytics and Economic Research (CBAER) at Georgia Southern University to develop a questionnaire that captures current owners’ views on various topics relevant to our community. Please see the links to the findings from this survey as provided to us in a research memorandum from CBAER, as well as the full survey results.

I’d like to share a quick snapshot of who we are as a community:

• Approximately 76% of survey participants or their household members vacationed in Palmetto Dunes before buying here.
  • Nearly half (47%) of respondents have owned their property for less than 5 years.
  • A large majority of respondents (84%) believe PD’s image and reputation are more positive than or on par with other HHI gated communities.
  • We have mixed views on some aspects of our community, such as whether we have the right balance of short-term rentals,  sufficient security or are adequately maintaining the common areas.
  • Finally, and certainly no surprise, our beach is very important to us.

I encourage you to read through the CBAER research memorandum for more detail on the survey results. For an even quicker read, review the Figures which provide the results for each question.

Thank you for your support in our efforts to continue to improve the Palmetto Dunes community. Please keep your eye out for the full strategic plan early next year!

Sincerely,

Becky Brumley
Chair, Strategic Planning Team