This morning, PDPOA participated in a conference call discussing COVID-19 updates with representatives from local and state agencies. While the situation is rapidly changing, updates from this morning’s call included:
- Avoid misinformation spread through social media. Rely on factual information from official sources.
- Hilton Head Hospital is operating on its normal schedule.
- Both Town of Hilton Head Island and Bluffton are operating as normal but are taking additional actions in preparation of any change.
- Beaufort County School System is operating as normal with preparations being made in case of a change in operations.
- Saturday’s Hilton Head Island Wine & Food Festival is still being held.
- Sunday’s Hilton Head Island St. Patrick’s Day Parade has been canceled.
- All resort operations are all currently open and operating on normal schedules.
Please note that the Palmetto Dunes Property Owners Association (PDPOA) continues to do the following:
- Increase housekeeping and sanitation at our offices
- Advise employees who are sick to stay home and seek medical treatment
- Monitor the situation as it relates to upcoming events, including the Turtle Trot 5k series that is scheduled in April
- Evaluate our contingency plans on operations to be prepared for any changes in the current environment
Please keep informed about COVID-19 from the proper authorities:
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
If you or someone you know may have risk factors or COVID-19 symptoms, please contact your health department or your primary healthcare provider immediately. The Medical University of South Carolina also provides a resource to answer your questions about COVID-19 by virtual healthcare providers through https://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html
We continue to receive updates from local, state and federal agencies regarding COVID-19 and will notify you regarding priority and time-sensitive alerts. As you know, there is an overwhelming amount of information that continues to surface on social media and other sources. We advise you to rely only on information from official sources and avoid miscommunication through social media.