Updated May 13 2020
If you have any questions on PDPOA Operations or need assistance, please email email@example.com.
- PDPOA Administrative and Pass Office lobbies will be open with limited hours starting Monday, May 18. Both lobbies will be open from 8am-noon Monday-Wednesday and we will only be allowing 1 visitor in the lobby at time. The Pass Office drive-up window remains open with normal operating hours. If you have any questions, call 843-785-1109 (or 843-785-1125 for the Pass Office).
- Dunes Buggy service is starting Sunday, May 17. Click here for details.
- Beach parking is open at the Dunes House and Disney. The parking at these lots is for property owners and resort guests only. Please do not call in visitor passes for access to the community amenities and parking areas. Visitor passes are for guests traveling to and from the residents’ homes.
- Visitor passes are for guests traveling to and from the residents’ homes. Please do not call in visitor passes for access to the community amenities and parking areas, as this is in direct conflict with state and local directives.
- The ARB is now accepting all applications. Any application that can be granted approval by the administrative staff will be reviewed within 3 business days. Applications needing to go in front of the ARB board will be reviewed at the monthly meeting. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly debris pick-ups are on Wednesday.
- Palmetto Dunes Cares has approved a grant of $5000 to the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry COVID-19 Response Fund.
- The security team and all gate operations are operating as normal. However, where the presence of an officer is not immediately necessary, the officer may contact the complainant or violator via telephone to offer a resolution. For emergencies, please dial 911. For non-emergencies, you may call 843-785-1120.
- For the most current resort operations, visit: https://www.palmettodunes.com/resort-update
- Vacation Planners are available by phone 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. every day.
- The Welcome Center (and vacation rental maintenance & housekeeping) is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday – Friday and 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center is now open. No towels will be provided and water fountains will be turned off. No registering before May 11 so please come early to sign in at desk (social distancing guidelines put into place inside pro shop).
- All three Golf Courses, Jones, Hills & Fazio are open select days. All golf clinics are canceled until further notice. Private lessons are available. Course closures (this includes course & grill):
- Big Jim’s is open regularly 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. with limited outdoor seating and take-out only. Please call 866-420-4478 to place your order. You can order online here as well. NEW FAMILY PLATTERS & SPECIALS available! Free delivery for orders over $50 within Palmetto Dunes Resort.
- The Arthur Hills Grill is open 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1191 to place your order.
- The Fazio Grill is open 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1291 to place your order.
- The Dunes House is open 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. with limited outdoor seating and take-out only, weather permitting. Call 843-686-9646 to place your order. The Dunes House parking lot is open. The Dunes House parking lot is for property owners and resort guests only.
- Shelter Cove Marina is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Be sure to check our Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina Updates page here. Select activities are available for parties of 2 or less.
- The Palmetto Dunes General Store is open 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday through Saturday.
- Hilton Head Outfitters & Bike Rentals is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. every day. Make a reservation online here or call 866-650-4125.
- Beaches are open!
- Alexander’s Restaurant & Wine Bar remains closed until further notice.
- The Omni Hotel located inside Palmetto Dunes Resort remains closed through May 15, 2020.
Hilton Head Island Updates
- As of Friday, May 15th, the public will have access to more of our beach and community parks.Islanders Beach Park and Coligny Beach Park are open now for Hilton Head Island residents and property owners with beach parking passes. There will be some changes to this on Friday. The following beach access points will reopen with some restrictions as noted:
- Alder Lane Beach Access
- Coligny Beach Park – Only half of the 450 parking spaces at Coligny Beach Parking Lot will be available.
- Fish Haul Beach Park
- Folly Field Beach Park
- Driessen Beach Park – Will temporarily be open only to Hilton Head Island residents and property owners with beach parking passes.
- Islanders Beach Park – Will temporarily be open only to Hilton Head Island residents and property owners with beach parking passes.
- Shelter Cove Community Park (Lawn Only)
- Barker Field Extension
- Rowing and Sailing Center at Squire Pope Community Park
If you go, please know:
- Playground equipment and picnic tables are still off limits.
- Parking spaces and bathrooms at parks will be available.
- Team sports are not permitted.
On Friday May 22, we will resume charging for metered spaces at all beach parks where there are parking meters and end special allowances for holders of beach parking passes to park only at certain beaches.
At all times, even after the current restrictions are lifted, holders of beach parking passes may park at any Town beach access park, even in metered spaces.
- Island Rec Center Opening Monday, May 18
With the Governor allowing the opening of gyms and pools, the Island Rec Center will be open on Monday, May 18 beginning at 8 am. Hours will be reduced and a limited number of staff and members will be permitted based on guidelines set forth by the Governor’s office and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Rec Center staff have increased cleaning in and outside and added more hand sanitizing stations. The staff will be evaluating usage and the flow within the building and pool at the end of each day, and make any necessary adjustments. The Summer Camp will start Tuesday, May 26 with many limitations and within recommended guidelines. The Senior Center will remain closed until July 1. The Computer Club is providing Zoom programming and assistance from the Center. For more information, visit islandreccenter.org or call 843-681-7273.
- Close Contract Service Providers Can Reopen Monday, May 18
Governor Henry McMaster announced that close contact service providers, fitness and exercise centers, commercial gyms, and public or commercial pools will be able to open in a limited capacity on Monday, May 18.
- Close contact service providers include the following businesses: Barber shops, hair salons, waxing salons, threading salons, nail salons and spas, body-art facilities and tattoo services, tanning salons, massage-therapy establishments and massage services.
- Commercial gyms will include group exercise facilities such as yoga studios, barre classes, and others.
Social Distancing is still A Must to Slow the Spread of the Coronavirus
Everyone, whether you going to the beach, the park, a restaurant or a store, is encouraged to wear masks in public and keep space between yourself and other people outside of your home. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that you:
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Important local links: