COVID-19 RESPONSE MEASURES
Palmetto Dunes POA continues to monitor all federal, state and local announcements and suggested procedures for mitigating and containing the COVID-19 virus, as well as adjusting our operating procedures.
What the PDPOA is doing
As we deal with the uncertainties of what lies ahead regarding this national health and economic crisis, PDPOA is making changes to its daily operations to ensure the health and safety of our owners, visitors, and employees of the community.
The following operational changes have been put in place so that we may help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- PDPOA Administrative and Pass Office lobbies are closed to walk-in traffic. However, members of our team will be available via phone (843-785-1109) or online to assist you. The Pass Office drive-up window remains open with normal operating hours to provide assistance as well.
- Many members of our staff are working remotely and available by email to assist you. Click here for our Employee Contact List or email email@example.com.
- The Association is providing free gate access into Palmetto Dunes and Leamington for restaurant, grocery and pharmaceuticals deliveries. The delivery service will need to provide an address and some type of documentation identifying the delivery. We hope that Palmetto Dunes will continue to support our local restaurant industry at a time when these state-mandated measures could have a serious impact on their businesses and their employees. Click here for a list of take-out, delivery, and curbside pick up restaurants.
- Due to limited staffing, we will only be processing emergency ARB applications through March 27. It will be at the discretion of the PDPOA if an emergency permit is warranted. If you need an emergency permit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- The security team, including all gate operations, will be operating as normal at this time. However, where the presence of an officer is not immediately necessary, the officer may contact the complainant or violator via telephone to offer a resolution. For emergencies, please dial 911. For non-emergencies, you may call 843-785-1120.
- Please take into consideration that we are operating with limited resources. You may experience a longer-than-normal response time and we appreciate your patience.
- PDPOA has canceled all meetings and events through March 31, including the first three Turtle Trot 5k races scheduled for April. We have delayed the start of the Dunes Buggy service for the season to April 12 for the time being.
- Updates to the status of operations will be communicated to owners via email, on our website at pdpoa.org and through our Facebook page: facebook.com/pdpoa.
- Last week, Hilton Head Island Mayor John McCann announced the closure of public beaches on Hilton Head effective Saturday, March 21. His directive included closing all public beach accesses and public beach parking to include restrooms and other public facilities. However, the Town does not have the authority to close private beach accesses. The Mayor stated that people who have private beach access through their homes or rentals in private communities will still be able to access the beach. All beach accesses in Palmetto Dunes are private and are open at this time.
We encourage everyone to remain vigilant, continue to monitor developments and continue to take proper preventative actions. If further adjustments to PDPOA operations are required, we will be sending out additional updates. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.