Sea Lane Bridge Replacement: October 2022 through March 2023
The Sea Lane bridge is scheduled for replacement beginning this October. We anticipate closing the bridge and the adjacent pathways during the week of 10/03/2022.
During demolition and reconstruction, the bridge will be closed to all traffic (vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, and boats). This project will include drainage improvements, roadway paving, and pathway work on Sea Lane starting at the intersection of Mooring Buoy. Detour routes are shown on the map below.
- Detour Routes
- Inbound & outbound Sea Lane residents and guests north of the bridge must use the Mooring Buoy/Port Tack route.
- Inbound & outbound Lee Shore residents and guests must use the Mooring Buoy/Port Tack route.
- Inbound & outbound Weather Shore residents and guests must use the Mooring Buoy/Port Tack route.
- Inbound & outbound Starboard Tack residents and guests must use the Mooring Buoy/Port Tack route.
- Lagoon Lowering – In order to accommodate the bridge work, we will occasionally conduct an unscheduled lowering of the lagoon. The waterway under the bridge will be closed to boat traffic for the duration of the project. If you would like to receive lagoon updates, please click here.
- Safety – Please use caution when driving, walking, and biking along the detoured routes, especially during the evening hours. Typical traffic patterns have been detoured due to construction, so you can expect higher than normal traffic volumes along these routes.
Thank you for your patience as we successfully complete another phase of Palmetto Dunes’ multi-year bridge replacement program. We will provide regular updates as the project progresses. If you have any questions about this project, please contact our Director of Projects & Facilities, Jeff Starr, at firstname.lastname@example.org.