Based on input from our Palmetto Dunes owners, we have made significant project updates over the past year:
- To keep expenses down for our owners, Greenwood has the option to rent the owners-only second floor and rooftop deck. However, there will be restrictions in place to ensure Palmetto Dunes owners maintain majority access to our beachfront amenities.
- Greenwood will be able to rent the space for a maximum of 40 days per year. From these potential 40 days, they will be limited to 30 Saturdays. *As it is today, the Dunes House is closed to private events 30-40 days per year.
- Greenwood will not be able to rent for more than 4 days per month
- No consecutive rental days or more than 1 day per weekend
- No renting on certain holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 3-5, Labor Day)
- The owners-only parking lot will not be available for rent for these leaseback options
- Greenwood’s ability to rent the Clubhouse could provide substantial income to offset expenses. With a projected rental income of $120,000 per year, the Property Owners Association’s annual lease expense of $170,000 would be significantly offset.
- While the reimagined Dunes House will feature an upgraded commercial kitchen with an expanded menu, Greenwood is fully committed to keeping the same relaxed, beachside feel we enjoy at the Dunes House today.
Protecting the Environment:
- To ensure the preservation of our beautiful beach and shoreline, it is our goal to create a property that is more environmentally friendly than it is today. Since the original plans were released, the following changes have been made:
- Building height lowered 3.6 feet
- Second-floor deck significantly reduced
- Building has been moved back 6 ft from its current location
- Click here for updated floorplans and elevations
- Click here for updated renderings
- During the construction, beach access will remain open. Upon completion of the project, the existing beach access will be replaced with an updated structure.
- For Moorings and Beach Villa owners, we will be providing new controlled access gates into their parking lot, along with improved landscaping to create a privacy buffer between the new Beachfront Clubhouse and neighboring properties. These access gates will provide a solution to the parking issues that these owners have been experiencing for years.