State of Emergency Order Extended
On Monday, April 27, Gov. McMaster extended South Carolina’s state of emergency and the provisions of his executive orders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic for 15 days. Click here to read the order.
Town Opening Two Public Beach Parking Lots
On Friday, May 1, Hilton Head Island will open Islanders Beach Park and Coligny Beach Park for beach pass holders. Only cars with town beach passes can use the parking lots, the town resolution states. Although the parking lots will be open, anyone without a beach pass will not be allowed into the lot. Click here for more details from the Town.
Dunes House Parking Opening Friday
We will open the Dunes House parking on Friday, May 1, and anticipate receiving support from Disney to open that parking lot as well. The parking at these lots is for property owners and resort guests only. Please do not call in visitor passes for access to the community amenities and parking areas. Visitor passes are for guests traveling to and from the residents’ homes.
We are extending the PDPOA Administrative and Pass Office lobbies closure into May. We will be sending out a special email when we have a date to reopen. The Pass Office drive-up window remains open with normal operating hours to provide assistance. Many members of our staff are working remotely and available by email to assist you. Click here for our Employee Contact List or email email@example.com.
We are working to keep the ARB applications moving forward while working remotely by issuing permits for tree trimming/removal, painting, and other permits that do not require going in front of the ARB board. If you have a question about an ARB permit, please contact Monica Stites at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queen’s Folly Rd. Work-April 30
We will be repaving a section of outbound Queen’s Folly Rd., adjacent to the tennis courts, on Thursday, April 30. We will also be making minor road repairs near the gate houses. Work is expected to begin around 9am and end around 1pm, weather permitting. Please expect delays and allow adequate time when coming and going from the community. Thank you for your patience.
Mailbox Pressure Washing
Our maintenance team will begin the annual mailbox pressure washing for all single-family homes this week. They will start on Mooring Buoy and work their way through the rest of the community over the next two weeks.
Social Distancing on Pathways
When walking or biking in the community, please remember to stay six feet away from others on the pathways. We have placed signs throughout the community to remind bicyclists and pedestrians to practice social distancing.
Use Caution Around Alligators
One of the things PD is most proud of is our vast number of wildlife species here in the resort. Many of our creatures become very active in the spring – including the alligators in our lagoon and lakes. While alligators are generally afraid of humans, be sure to always use caution around these creatures. Do not leave children or pets unattended outdoors on waterfront properties.
Did you know that it’s illegal to relocate alligators in Sourth Carolina? (Relocating is generally ineffective since gators have such a good homing instinct.) Therefore, any alligator that is removed is killed. If you see any guests feeding the alligators (or any other wildlife for that matter), please give Security a call. It’s important that we get the word out that feeding wildlife is not permitted and can have dire consequences for the animals who make their home here in Palmetto Dunes.
- The Disney Resort remains closed indefinitely and the Omni is closed through May 21. Although occupancy is very low, the Marriott remains open.
- All three Golf Courses, Jones, Hills & Fazio are open select days. All golf clinics are canceled through May 1. Private lessons are available.
Course closures (this includes course & grill):
Fazio closed April 30
Hills closed May 4 – 8
Jones closed April 27 – May 1
- Big Jim’s is open regularly 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. for take-out or to go. Limited hours April 27 – May 1: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Please call 866-420-4478 to place your order. You can order online here as well. NEW FAMILY PLATTERS available! Free delivery for orders over $50 within Palmetto Dunes Resort.
- The Arthur Hills Grill is open 7am-4pm. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1191 to place your order.
- The Fazio Grill is open 7am- 4pm for take-out only. Call 843-785-1291 to place your order.
- The Dunes House is open 11am- 5pm for take-out only, weather permitting. Call 843-686-9646 to place your order. The Dunes House parking lot is now closed.
- Shelter Cove Marina is open 8am- 5pm. Be sure to check our Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina Updates page here. Select activities are available for parties of 2 or less.
- The Palmetto Dunes General Store is open 6am- 9pm, Sunday through Saturday.
- Hilton Head Outfitters & Bike Rentals is open 8am- 5pm every day. The shop is currently closed, but you can order bikes over the phone or online to be delivered. Kayaks and canoe rentals are available by appointment only. Make a reservation online here or call 866-650-4125.
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center remains closed until further notice.
- Alexander’s Restaurant & Wine Bar remains closed until further notice.