Published March 18, 2020
MARCH 18, 2020: COVID-19 RESPONSE MEASURES
Palmetto Dunes POA continues to monitor all federal, state and local announcements and suggested procedures for mitigating and containing the COVID-19 virus, as well as adjusting our operating procedures.
What the PDPOA is doing
As we deal with the uncertainties of what lies ahead regarding this national health and economic crisis, PDPOA is making changes to its daily operations to ensure the health and safety of our owners, visitors, and employees of the community.
The following operational changes are being put in place so that we may help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Starting tomorrow-Thursday, March 19, PDPOA Administrative and Pass Office lobbies will be closed to walk-in traffic. However, members of our team will be available via phone or online to assist you. The Pass Office drive-up window will remain open with normal operating hours to provide assistance as well.
- Many members of our staff will be working remotely and available by email to assist you. Click here for our Employee Contact List.
- To improve the ability of our community to have food and pharmaceuticals delivered from restaurants, grocery and drug stores, we are waiving the commercial gate access fee for these delivery services. The driver will simply have to provide a current invoice, receipt or other identification of the delivering restaurant or store to the gate officer and a complimentary daily gate pass will be issued.
- Due to limited staffing, we will only be processing emergency ARB applications through March 27. It will be at the discretion of the PDPOA if an emergency permit is warranted. If you need an emergency permit, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The security team, including all gate operations, will be operating as normal at this time. However, where the presence of an officer is not immediately necessary, the officer may contact the complainant or violator via telephone to offer a resolution. For emergencies, please dial 911. For non-emergencies, you may call 843-785-1120.
- Please take into consideration that we are operating with limited resources. You may experience a longer-than-normal response time and we appreciate your patience.
- PDPOA has canceled all meetings and events through March 31, including the first three Turtle Trot 5k races scheduled for April. We have delayed the start of the Dunes Buggy service for the season to April 12 for the time being.
- Updates to the status of operations will be communicated to owners via email, on our website at pdpoa.org and through our Facebook page: facebook.com/pdpoa.
We encourage everyone to remain vigilant, continue to monitor developments and continue to take proper preventative actions.
If further adjustments to PDPOA operations are required, we will be sending out additional updates. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
What authorities are doing
- In an effort to reduce community spread of the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, Governor Henry McMaster has ordered all restaurants, bars and cafeterias statewide to stop all dine-in activity beginning today. Eateries can continue to provide delivery and take-out options. We encourage you to support our local restaurants and their employees. Click here for restaurants offering takeout, delivery or curb-side pickup.
- Organized events of 50 or more people are prohibited statewide.
- Residents should avoid being in large groups, practice safe distancing, and continue to take precautions to stay healthy. More information is available at scdhec.gov/COVID19
- The DHEC Care Line is available to provide general information about COVID-19 by calling 1-855-472-3432 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. seven days a week. Because call volume has been high, callers are urged to be patient if they receive a busy signal and try their call at a later time. For general questions about COVID-19, visit the DHEC website at scdhec.gov/COVID19.
- We urge residents to monitor reliable information sources such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control (DHEC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for the latest updates.
- Important local links:
Town of Hilton Head Island Coronavirus Updates: https://hiltonheadislandsc.gov/publicsafety/coronavirus/
Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office: https://www.bcso.net/
Beaufort County School District: https://www.beaufortschools.net/
What you can do
- Neighbors helping neighbors
During these challenging times, please check on your neighbors, especially the elderly. They may need help getting groceries or medication. While social media is a great resource to connect, many of the people who are at high-risk for serious illness from COVID-19, may not be on Nextdoor or other social media sites.
- What should I do if I am showing symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath?
Call your personal doctor or healthcare provider for information/instructions.
- What if I don’t have a personal doctor?
If you don’t have a primary care physician there are multiple options for telehealth. MUSC Health is providing free telehealth screening. Anyone experiencing symptoms can visit MUSC.care https://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html and use the promo code COVID19 and be screened without having to leave your home. You can also call 843-261-5940 with any questions.
- Prisma Health is offering a free virtual visit at www.prismahealth.org/virtual-visit/. Use with promo code COVID19. You can also call 1-888-921-0348.
- Beaufort Memorial is offering virtual visits to be screened by a provider who can refer them to a higher level of care, if needed. BMH Care Anywhere is available in the App Store and Google Play, and via https://www.bmhsc.org/services/immediate-care-options/video-visits/ (may have a fee)
- General Information
Beaufort Memorial has launched a Coronavirus chat platform to help answer your questions and keep you informed.
Enter your zip code to get:
Local outbreak notifications from the CDC
Answers to common questions about COVID-19
Tips for preventing infection
Get more info on how to access the chatbot at http://bit.ly/COVID-19chatbot