Please note that while the resort is private, the beach is public and is under the jurisdiction of the Town of Hilton Head Island.
Town of Hilton Head Island: (843) 341-4600
Beach Patrol: (843) 785-3494
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Department patrols the beaches and enforces all beach regulations. Violators of beach regulations are subject to fines up to $500 per each offense.
The following are PROHIBITED on all beaches:
• Alcoholic liquor, beer, wine
• Glass (bottles, containers, etc.)
• Indecent exposure (nudity)
• Disorderly conduct
• Disturbing the peace
• Unauthorized vehicles
• Fires and Fireworks
• Shark Fishing
• Removal, harming , or harassment of any live beach fauna (sea turtles, sand dollars, conchs, starfish, etc.)
• Removal, alteration, or damage to dunes, sea oats, or other dune flora
• Operation, launching, or landing of unauthorized motorized watercraft
• Unauthorized commercial activity
• Sleeping on the beach between midnight and 6 a.m.
• Unauthorized wearing of lifeguard emblems, insignias, etc.
• Solicitation or distribution of handouts
• Kites not under manual control
• Stunt kites 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. April 1 through September 30
For the added protection of sunbathers and swimmers, the following activities are prohibited in Designated Swimming Areas between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. April 1 through September 30:
• Fishing or surfcasting
• Surfboards, boogie boards, etc.
• Frisbees or other team sports involving a ball
• Games with metal components
Animals on the Beach
• Are not permitted – Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day
• Must be on a leash:
o Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. April 1 through Thursday before Memorial Day
o Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday after Labor Day through September 30
• Must be on leash or under positive voice control at all other times.
• Persons in control of animals on the beach are required to remove and properly dispose of the animal’s excrement.